Difference in Groups from Appy 2.0 to 3.0
On Appy 2.0 there was a Head of the Group whom you assigned the plus one to. However when any member of the couple goes to your site to RSVP (if enabled), they would be greeted as a group, and any member would be able to RSVp for the group.
The downside was, you couldn't arrange sub-members of the group or name the group like Mr. And Mrs. Smith or Mr. John Smith and family (for emails and invitations). It just followed the order of the head and a alphabetical order of the members below. Which is odd as you could have children being addressed before adults.
On Appy 3.0
The plus one just shows up in any available spot based on the number in the group and available cell. This functions the exact same way except you will soon be able to re-order them and name the group. The display looks different, but functions identically on how the group functions.
To sum up:
- Any member of the group can login and RSVP for themselves and the other group members
- Any member of the group can add a plus one (if a plus one has been allocated to the group)
- One email can be used for the group or if you need to assign individual emails (these are used for sending invites etc,)
There are two ways to give guests +1s:
1. To give every guest the option of bringing a plus one:
- Go to your Dashboard
- Select "Access and Permissions"
- Click the + sign to automatically add a +1 or +2 etc. to any newly added guests.
2. To give specific guests a +1:
- Go to your Dashboard
- Select "Guest List"
- Click the + sign to give the selected guests +1, +2 or more
- You can also update this one guest at a time if you would like to give guests different numbers of +1s
- Select two or more people from your guest list
- Click the “Group” icon next to anyone's name
- Name the group and click "Update Group"
To Ungroup guests:
- Select all of the guests in the group (check all of the white boxes next to the guests' names)
- Click the "Group" icon next to anyone's name
- Click the "Ungroup Guests" button (it will appear on the right side of the page)
How Group RSVPs Work for guests via your app or website:
- Guest signs in with email address or a name match (depending on your privacy settings).
- They access RSVP
- If a group has been given the +1 option, any group member can add the plus one's name (great when you group a couple together and add +2 for kids names you don’t know)
- Any member of the group can RSVP for the group. The signed in user will be prompted to RSVP for each group member, including any RSVP questions and widgets you may have set up. Events for each group member can be unique if you have private events setup. Each group member can see the individual events for each person within the group.