When guests go to RSVP or post any content on your site (pictures, messages, chat, toasts) we ask the guest for their email and name with your Wedding Code. This information collected is recorded in your guest book and only used for you to contact the guest or manage your guest list.
Depending on your wedding privacy, guest can get right in after the enter their email and name or will need to match against your guest list by either their name or email.
Here's what happens when a match is incorrect:
- Guests enter their email and name. Your wedding Code is REQUIRED.
- If a guest not on your guest list signs in, they will automatically be added to your guest list. You will not need to approve the new guest in order for them to RSVP.
- If a guest on your guest list signs in with a different email address and the same name, their email address will be updated on your guest list automatically.
- Guests enter their email OR name. Your wedding Code is REQUIRED.
- If an email or name match is made against your Guest List, your guests gets full access and can RSVP.
- If no email or name match is made, you receive a request to grant access to the guest. An email is sent to the guests automatically with instructions when they are approved.
- Guests must enter their email OR name to match against your Guest List. Your wedding Code is REQUIRED.
- If an email OR name match is made against your Guest List, your guests gets full access and can RSVP.
- If no email OR NAME match is made, you receive a request to grant access. Guests will not be able to see any of your wedding information until access has been granted. An email is sent to the guests automatically with instructions when they are approved.
- If both the email address and guest name is different than what is listed for them on the guest list, you will receive a request for that guest.
How Appy Name Matching works:
If your guest's name is CLOSE to what is listed for them on your guest list, Appy will ask you if the person requesting access is a person on your guest list.
For example, if John Smith is on your guest list, but when John Smith goes to sign in, he identifies himself as Johnny Smith. This will trigger a Request for Access to you. Requests are sent via push notification on your app or email. Once you accept the request, we will ask you if Johnny Smith is John Smith. If you confirm they are the same person, you can choose to merge the two contacts together automatically. If you have chosen to merge the contacts, John Smith will now appear as Johnny Smith on your guest list, with the email he used to sign in, not the email you originally gave him. You also have the option not to merge the two guests and just automatically approve Joe Smith as a new guest to be added to your guest list.